Tuesday, April 7, 2009

On music videos (Part 1)

I have a special, special relationship with the art of music videos. I have a gigantic collection on my hard drive, and it's all quality.

Some of my first memories of the medium are videos by Belinda Carlisle, Beastie Boys, Van Halen and of course Weird Al. It was Music Television in its heyday, and the channel instilled a love of music and cinematography... that I cannot get on that station anymore.


I am not sure if I will be doing one video at a time, or one theme at a time or what. But, be sure you will definitely see stories about the rise and fall of MTV, directors, the legend of Madonna (and others who always understood the power of the medium) and various eclectic tracks you may have never seen before. Sometimes I may go forward, sometimes backward.


So, it's time to get down to the business and namesake of this blog... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment